My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kinda sad... Yet so Exciting!


So our last social worker visit was last night! It was a crazy night. I wasn't thinking about election day, so we had to fit that in. I also have been watching a baby this week, which means I get nothing done around the house!! So I walked in the door, dinner in hand, 5 minutes before Kim arrived!! I joked with Kim that you could tell it was our last visit. The first visit you spend hours cleaning the house, the last visit, she's lucky she has a chair cleaned off of toys to sit on!!

While it is so exciting to be close to the finish line with all the paperwork, visits, financial obligations, etc. with the adoption, it is also sad! This roller coaster we have been on for over two years has been all consuming! The highs have been to the moon! The lows have been some of the lowest! I wouldn't change a moment of it! I still get choked up thinking about how Gracious God has been to us through this process. We are not rich, but He provided! I am not patient, but He helped me endure lots of waiting. Transition can be very difficult, but He prepared us all! Our son was sick, but God has made him healthy! We were afraid, but God comforted us! I am not the best mom in the world, but God reminded me that "with God, all things are possible" (Matt 19:26). I could go on and on... but mostly I want to say that God is Good. When we chose Toby's name, I had simply heard it on a TV show and thought, "That's nice, and not over used!" but when I searched to find the meaning of the name, and it came up that Tobias means God is Good! I knew we had found it! What other way to express our gratitude, than to name our son in such a way!

So as we close this chapter, this season in our lives, we look forward to what God has for us next. And praise Him for what he has brought us through!

God is Good!

Deuteronomy 10:21 " He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! And I loved the commentary about the social worker and how our attitudes change toward them as time goes on!