My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 31, 2008

Double Digits!!

Taylor turned 10 yesterday! It's hard to believe my baby girl is already 10! We had a wonderful weekend. Taylor invited a friend to spend the night Saturday night. Madison came over and we made ice cream sundaes. Here are the girls enjoying their creations!
Then we allowed Taylor to open her gifts, since Sunday would be crazy. She was thrilled about that. The girls stayed up way too late, but had a great time! I kept telling Nate it reminded me so much of my younger years. Oh the crazy times ahead!!
On Sunday, we got up, had a big breakfast then went to church. After church, we headed up to the mall. We had lunch at TGI Fridays, and here Taylor is being sung to and presented her birthday dessert! She enjoyed the ice cream!
And here she is, looking all grown up!
After lunch, we went to the mall and Taylor shopped like crazy! It was a lot of fun. We went to Kids Concoctions and the girls made glitter bath gel and lip gloss. That was fun. On the ride home, all three boys fell asleep. We wore them out! I told Nate he should probably just stay home! Boys can't handle a day at the mall!

The entire day, we kept telling her "10 years ago we were doing ..." she loves to hear about the day she was born, still. And I always remind her she is not 10 until 6:47 PM!!

It was a wonderful day. I am so blessed! I'm sure these next 10 years will be trying, but I pray every day that God will grant me the patience and understanding I need, and that I will be the mother that a beautiful, smart, kind, caring girl like Taylor deserves! God Willing!

God is Good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already are patient and understanding... If I would only be a small % of the mother you are I will totally be blessed. I look up to you so much with parenting and I say...Carol is such a wonderful mother, I hope I am some day!

Kelly said...

I can't believe Taylor is 10 already. She is quite the little lady.