My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 28, 2008

Haircuts!

Well, I know haircuts don't usually warrant a blog post, but in this case... I think it does
This is a big deal! Toby has been home for over 8 months. People continue to ask, and do so often, "how is it going?" While I'm excited about peoples interest, I wonder what kind of response they are expecting. I think so many people hear horror stories of the transition. They really are curious about how it is going for us. I never really know what to say. My usual response is "God is Good, and he has answered all of our prayers about Toby's transition". And that is the honest truth.

All of the things we prayed about... things we heard about happening to other people... like dealing with the time change, eating problems, chronic ear infections, sleeping issues (okay maybe that has been an issue!), attachment, etc., have not really been an issue. It has been amazing to see how God could take this little guy, from halfway around the world, and make him such a perfect fit for the Mills' family! From the faces he makes, to his sense of humor, to his eating preferences and personality... He is a Mills!

Back to the haircut...this has still been a transition for him. And over the last few weeks, we have seen amazing progress. The haircut yesterday was not his first. I believe it was his 4th... but... it was his first BY HIMSELF! Up until now, just placing him near the chair he would scream. Yesterday, he couldn't get up there fast enough! He sat there like a champ, the entire time. It nearly brought me to tears.

Another thing has been his attachment with Nate. This has been a slow process, and sometimes a painful one for Nate, I'm sure. But lately, Toby has been going to Nate on his own, with me in the room and climbing up into his arms. It is priceless!

So while things have been going good! And Toby has been doing well.. we continue to see improvements.

God is Good!

No comments: