My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Off to Kentucky Lake...we think...

We took off early Saturday morning for our vacation at Kentucky Lake! We were planning on about a 10 hour drive or so. God had other plans, which I will get to in a minute! So here is Toby, snug in his car seat, checking out the map, trying to plan our course. We were so worried about Toby on the trip, as he can only stand his car seat for a short while. By God's grace, he did extremely well. We only had a short bought of fussiness, and he did sleep some. Overall, a wonderful trip for him.Taylor and Drew got to ride in Grandma and Grandpa's conversion van for most of the trip. They liked having all the extra room.
Drew enjoyed the time we spent at pit stops. Here we just had lunch at Penn Station, a family favorite. The kids ran around a little and stretched their legs (and arms!).
We were on the road again, and at one point, Toby began to get fussy, and we needed gas, so we began to pull off at a Gas Station, about 2 hours from our destination. It was around 4:00 or so. As we pulled off, we noticed that my parents van in front of us was smoking. UH-OH! As we pulled into the gas station, it was apparent that there were problems. My dad quickly assessed the situation, and found that the transmission was shot. After over an hour of searching, we found the nearest car rental was about 1 1/2 hours away in Indiana. My mom and sister, along with my three kids quickly took off for a rental car, while my dad, Nate and I hung out at the gas station, for nearly 4 hours. My kids played in the parking lot at the rental station for a while as Grandma took care of things inside.
After lots of waiting, rearranging and simply killing time, we finally hit the road again at around 11 or so. We finally arrived at our destination around 1 AM (actually Midnight Central time). We quickly unloaded what we needed and got the kids situated in their beds. The adults spent some time around the table, just being thankful we had made it. I have some great photos, but I won't do that to my loved ones. How we look in the photos, says it all about our day. But morning came... and the kids were excited and quickly set out to check the place out. Our vacation was beginning!

(But the "fun" didn't end there, more stories later!)

God is Good!

No comments: