My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nessa's p.o.v. meeting Marvin

Hey! Today my street team had a great experience. We met a man obviously named Marvin-who had lived on the street for 50 years...wow!!! When we got on the topic of God, he denied that he was one of God's beloved. At that moment I felt the nudge of the holy spirit and grabbed my bible. I aimed to find the verse that says how we are God's prize...I ended up finding Romans 5:15: 'God's gift is different from Adam's sin. Many people died because of the sin of that one man. But it was even more sure that God's grace would also come through one man. That man is Jesus Christ. God's gift of grace was more than enough for the whole world.' Then I said "You are God's beloved." As we went and bowed our heads to pray I glanced over at Marvin and saw a tear soak his jacket. My eyes began to tear up. I know that there was a deeper purpose than just friendliness to our conversation...it's a God thing. Friends and family, if you can spare a moment of your day please pray that we will carry this strength back to Ohio. Sharing the Gospel with friends back home will define the word challenge. By the way-I don't regret a single moment of san fran '11. Thank you for pushing us all to take a leap of faith. We have all seen tremendous change taking place in our hearts. I <3 you all!!! Nessa
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments: