My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's still Monday!

Yes, I think this has been the longest day of my life! It is now 9:30, which is 12:30 Ohio time, which means I have had about 5 hrs of sleep in the last 42 hrs or so! Have I mentioned I need my sleep, and I haven't had a shower in just about as long:) Disgusting, I know!

But what all happened today, makes up for it! Once we arrived in San Fran and road the B.A.R.T., then carried our luggage (well, I didn't carry mine, but I'll get to that!) SEVERAL blocks, we dropped it off at YWAM and hit the streets. It was about 1PM and we were not allowed in YWAM until 3:30. We hadn't eaten in far too long, so first order of business was lunch! We quickly set out for St. Anthony's, where we could get a free, warm lunch! Not so much because it was free, but to put ourselves righten front of those we came to serve! And that is what happened. The students grabbed their lunches and all went in search of an empty seat. I sat, had a few conversations, then Terrence sat with me. After several minutes of conversation, we invited him to our dinner hear Friday night! I hope to see him again!

Later in the day we did "Lost and Found" where we went out into the streets and had some questions about the city to help us engage those we met in conversations. While it took a while for our team to warm up, we ended our time with a great conversation with Tony. While he confessed to being a follower of Jesus, he also said he wasn't going to church, nor living a good life. We asked how we could be praying for him and he quickly brought up his daughter. He said he wants to start going to church so he can get her attending. We also met his friend Ray! Please pray for these three, that they would know what it means to be fully devoted to following Christ!

After our time out we had a debriefing. Many students talked about their first day but two comments stood out! One student said "Most christians are Luke warm, and the ones we consider over the top, that's how we should be!" Another said, people were telling them they were too young to be on the streets, it wasn't safe. It made her realize that these strangers on the street care for her, and she thought she was coming to care for them!

Please pray tomorrow as we go out and have prayer stations, have sack lunches with homeless in the park, and serve hot chocolate tomorrow night! Please also pray for E on the team who was not feeling well this evening!

Thanks all for your prayers!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments: