My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Child Sponsorship

Okay, so this isn't exactly Adoption, but it is very closely related. I am an avid fan and reader of Pioneer Woman. Her husband and two oldest children are currently in the Dominican Republic on a Compassion International trip. The girls were able to visit the girls they sponsor there. Marlboro Man (her husband) has been writing about their trip and today there was a post that had a link to this video!




You can read his comments here, but it is just a reminder of what Faith in Jesus can do for our lives. He comments on meeting one family, that did not understand faith, and they were very down about their circumstances. Then they met this second family, who understand that this world is not all there is, and were Praising God! They lived in the same area, had the same amount of resources for the most part, but were seeing their situations completely differently. Funny how that can be, isn't it!

So, as I post this month about adoption, some of you may be thinking "That's not for me!" If you are one of those people, maybe you should consider child sponsorship. Here are a few links to some great organizations that I would encourage you checking into.

Asia's Hope
This is an amazing organization based in Cambodia and Thailand. The founder is from our church.

Compassion International
We currently sponsor an amazing child from Kenya. It is such a joy to get his updates and photos. We have sponsored him for about 4 or 5 years, and it truly is like he is part of our family.

Hands and Feet Project
I've posted on here about them many times, but this is an orphanage in Haiti started by a few of the guys from Audio Adrenaline. They could really use our help right now as they were recently devastated by Hurricane Ike!

World Vision
While we don't have direct connections to this organization, many of our favorite bands are spokespeople for them!

God is Good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Asia's Hope (and of course for those other amazing organizations.) And yeah, I have some postcards on my desk that are SCREAMING at me to write and send out in the mail. I just had a 7th grader come up to me last night and thank me for praying for his brother, so you ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE! KEEP IT UP!