My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day of Remembrance

Today is the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It is a day set aside to reflect on and remember our children. I'm sure that everyone has dealt with, or knows someone who has dealt with infant loss or stillbirth. You can check out this website for more details.


I miss my babies. And I think of them often. But I do often think of this picture. Kaleb's life was so important. I wish he were with us, but I think of this image, and know that while a day would have come for us to adopt, Toby would not be in our lives if things had been any different. How can I question that? Kaleb is happy, loved, peaceful and worshiping God in a way I can only imagine. And we have Toby to fill our home with a joy that is beyond words. There is a connection. As much as I don't like to think that Toby would or wouldn't be here... how would things be different... what would Kaleb be like.. I have to think about it and know that God's plan is perfect! In Isaiah, the Lord says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" declares the Lord "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.", so I just trust in Him!

So today, think of those that you may know who have walked down this dark road of infant loss or stillbirth and pray for them. I'm sure they could use it!

God is Good!

No comments: