My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Off to work I go

I begin my new job today! It is orientation, so I do not go into work until 1 and work into the evening this first day. While, as usual, I am playing the strong... I can handle this attitude... it is killing me. I hate that I have to leave my kids. I'm dreading that I am going to miss putting them on the bus the first day of school. I wish I could spend their last few days of summer with them, sleeping in, having a picnic, just enjoying each other, but that is not the case. I never thought I would be so emotional about this!

Drew just woke up, and came out and saw me crying. He said "mom, I think I know why you are crying." I said "why?". He looked at me with his precious face and said "because you are going to miss us while you are away from us!" Amazing what they know. Then he headed to get a pen. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but he reminded me of the kissing hand. He said we were going to put a heart on our hands and each of us would kiss the others hand, so we won't miss each other while we are away! I LOVE THAT KID!! Why is he the one comforting me? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

So while I AM excited, and I AM looking forward to what God has in store at my new job, this is a tough day! I know that the kids will be fine, they are tough that way, and I know that in a few days I will be fine... I also know that my heart will be missing pieces for 8 hours out of every day for the next 9 months. Summer 2009 can't get here fast enough!!

God is Good!

2 comments:

Life with la familia said...

Hey girl,
I'm praying for you today!
Love,
Becky

Lori said...

I hope you have a great time today (is that possible) so it's make your time away easier :-)