My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, August 1, 2008

God works in all things

Okay, so this may be a lengthy post, but a story I feel I need to share about how God has recently worked in my life.

So, about a year ago, I began considering ending my time doing in home daycare and looking for a job outside the home. I interviewed last fall/winter for a position that, after much prayer, was determined to not be the right one. While I know I would have LOVED the job and the environment, etc., it just didn't work for our family at the time. So I sat back and since then have just been praying that God would put something right in front of me, something I couldn't miss, if this is the path he wanted me on. If my time with the children in my home was over. I have been babysitting for various families for about 4 or 5 years now. One family has been with me for the last two years and have become very dear to me... sniff... sniff...! I have been praying for these two children since the day they first walked into my home and I can say God has been alive in their hearts, and it has been fun to see that!

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. We rarely get the local paper, but one Sunday after church, stopped and picked one up. Now, I always glance through the classifieds, not knowing what might be in there and I found a particular posting intriguing. It was for a local vocational school. So I went online and looked at the information and realized that it was a job that would mostly be during the school year, with some time off in the summer... how cool would that be! So I prayed about it for several days, and really just felt the desire to update my resume and get it sent in. So on July 8th, I put it in the mail and just began praying that God would open or close this door for me. Make it clear and direct. So... a few days later, on July 15th, I got the mail and low and behold, my resume had been returned as an undeliverable address! Is this a closed door? HMM? The deadline for applications was July 14th, so I called their office and just asked what I should do. They said "We are very strict on our deadlines, but if you would like to try, feel free to bring it in." So I did, that night.

Surprisingly, July 18 or 19th I got a phone call that they wanted me to come in for testing! Okay, so God had to OPEN that door, right? That would have been an easy opportunity for him to say "No Way, not this path" but he didn't. So I went in for testing on July 22! Two hours of computer testing, which I felt I did very well with. THE NEXT DAY... they called and asked me to come in for an interview the following week. Has God just OPENED another door?

July 29th I went in for an interview. They had four people around the room firing questions at me. It really went very well and I never once felt nervous. I had complete confidence that God was in control of this entire thing and if it is where he wants me, that it is where I will be. I left that interview being told that follow-up interviews would be Friday and Monday, so I would hear back in the next day or so. So I went home, and put it out of my mind. Then at 5:03 that same day, they called and said the job was mine if I wanted it! No further interviews were necessary for them to know they wanted me to work with them!! YEAH!! Now, another God thing, Pastor Nick from church had been praying for and with me regarding this interview, and at 5:02 he e-mailed me for an update! I know he had been praying just moments before I was offered the job! Isn't God amazing!!

So I went back in on Thursday, July 31 to finalize everything, check out my new work space etc. I have a huge stack of paperwork to fill out, and I start work on August 13. The same day that orientation is being held for the HUNDREDS of high school students! I'm sure I'll fit right into the mass chaos!

And another proof of God timing regarding this...Toby is going to be needing some EXTENSIVE dental work done.. as in several thousand dollars at least. We currently do not have dental coverage. We have been praying about how God was going to provide for this huge need and what we were going to do about it. Well, guess what... I NOW HAVE DENTAL COVERAGE!! God knew all along! I never imagined when I started praying about dental work finances, that it would lead to this, but God has awesome plans!

God is working, in ALL of us, sometimes we just have to trust Him and look in even the small things!

P.S. I also forgot to mention the hours... I will be working 7:30 - 3:30... I will be here when my children get off the bus!! Praise God! That has always been my DESIRE. To be here waiting when my children get home from school! God takes care of it all!

God is Good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Carol! I love it when God answers a prayer - and throws in some extra blessings with it. Just shows how much he cares about us individually.

Lori said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't it amazing how God just drops things in our laps? I love that!!!!