My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, July 28, 2008

Forever Family Day

Well, on Saturday, we had the blessed opportunity to go to an Akron Aeros game to celebrate Toby's 1 year Forever Family Day! The day in which he received his "Forever Family" and our family became even more complete! So I had GRAND ideas of what I wanted the day to be! We were offered free Akron Aeros tickets, so my plans changed some, but I thought it would still be fun! We believe that there was a concert before the game by one of the kids favorite groups, Hawk Nelson so they were very excited about that! Nate had to work in the morning, so when he got home, and after Toby's nap, we got ready and headed up to Akron, about 4 hours before game time! We got there and realized that many people had orange wristbands on. So we start asking questions, and come to find out you had to buy "special" tickets to get into the concert. Needless to say, I was very frustrated. No where on the website, or promotional material did it say you needed an additional ticket, and we were not prepared to pay an additional $75 for us to attend, so we set out to find a way to kill time until the game.

We were going to have dinner inside the ball park, but since we had to kill time, we decided to eat at Menches Bros. a restaurant that is connected to the ballpark. It was really quite nice. The food was very good and the kids had a fun time checking out the ballpark from this view point.

After some additional waiting, we made it into the park, and Toby got his first "real" baseball experience. He was so excited.

After a short rain delay, the game got underway about 45 minutes late, but the sky looked beautiful, so we were ready for a fun evening of baseball. Toby loved the vendors and every one that came around... this is what he did.

He didn't care if it was cotton candy or Miller Lite... he wanted what they had! It was really kinda cute!

Nate and the kids headed out for a drink about halfway through the first inning. As I sat in the seats by myself, the sky quickly turned dark again... Uh Oh! Literally I felt one little sprinkle, then a downpour...

After about an hour of waiting in the concourse with thousands of people, we decided to pack up and head home. It was nearing 9:00 and I knew the kids were going to get grumpy if we had to wait much longer like this! (Of course I was already beyond grumpy)

We hit Dairy Queen on the way home. I know that everyone had a wonderful time, but the perfect day that I had planned in my head, to celebrate Toby, and the joy he has brought to our lives seemed to be ruined. Nate kept reminding me that there was nothing to be upset about. One bad day didn't change any of the blessings we had, and he was right. But I still sulked for a while! We are planning a zoo day soon to make up for it. We are so thankful that someone generously gave us those tickets, it was so kind. It just didn't quite turn out how I had hoped!

Also, Drew got to attend a Cleveland Indians game yesterday with Aunt Katy. Not only did he get a COOL Indians Hawiian jersey, he also got to run the bases. He had a lot of fun. Here are a few photos.

God IS Good!

No comments: