My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

Okay, so this photo wasn't taken over the weekend, but it is too darn cute not to post! These are wigs we got at a Cav's game a few years ago, and the kids just love to put them on and run around the house! Here is Toby and his friend Ella enjoying the wigs!
Drew has been working on a trick dribbling team, The Ballerz, for about 8 or 9 weeks now. The team just started up and is for K-12 grades. So he is one of the youngest, but he is really getting in there. They had their first performance at MC Sports here in town this weekend. It was so exciting to see him doing this. He practices a lot. This is one of his favorite tricks.Here he is doing the "Superman". He's had to work on this one, but has really gotten the hang of it! They are spinning around in a circle on their stomachs while dribbling the ball. It often gets away from him, but he did very well at the performance! (I have some video that will be on YouTube later this week!)
Also this weekend, we had a surprise 25th anniversary party for Nate's mom and stepdad. For any of you that know my mother-in-law... it is IMPOSSIBLE to get anything by her. However, we pulled it off! She was completely stunned! She had no idea. We told her it was Toby's birthday party, so she came with gifts in hand! I wish I had a photo of her walking in the door, but as soon as we yelled "Happy Anniversary" she took off and we couldn't see her! All I can say is, I know there were tears! They were very happy! She told me at church on Sunday she didn't sleep all night, she just kept thinking "I can't believe they did that for us!" What a blessing to be able to minister to her in this way!


Also this weekend, Nate delivered the message to the senior high students! It was amazing. My prayer was simply that God would use Nate, his past and his present, to encourage students to realize that God's forgiveness is freeing, and can help them through their daily struggles and hurts. God did that in a mighty way! I believe that the message God delivered through Nate will be one many of those students will remember for a long time.

Nate was also very encouraged by his Mom and Stepdad being there, as well as one of his brothers and his wife and one of his sisters and her husband. It is such a blessing to him to have their support.

Oh yea... and I got another year older this weekend... my dad quickly helped point out to me that I am only 18 years away from 50! You do the math!! That is so scarry! Where has the time gone?

God is Good!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Carol!!! I'm cracking up over the wig photo - way too cute. That's one you'll have to save for Toby's senior slideshow. I'm looking forward to Drew's video. The Harlem Globe Trotters were on our flight back to the states a few weeks ago.

Life with la familia said...

Do the Bill and Liz know how you dress up their sweet Ella while they're gone??? Too cute!
Happy Birthday! 32 is the new 21, I say!