My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's Roll

Well, I was hoping to have another post for September 11, and didn't get one. But I went to the County Fair tonight and saw Ray Stevens. Most of you probably have no idea who he is, but I have fond memories of many hours in the car on the way to Canada as a youngster listening to his cassettes (yeah, it was that long ago!) for 8 or 9 hours straight! We would laugh ourselves silly!

Tonight I went to the show at the fair and really enjoyed listening to Ray Stevens again. Just laughing silly as I did back in the day. But there was one song, in the middle of his comedy act, that had me in tears for another reason. He sang the song Thank You! I remember this song from my younger years, but it took on a whole new meaning as I sat and listened to him sing Thanks to the service Men and Women of all branches, and all that they sacrifice. Here are the lyrics.


Lyrics | Ray Stevens lyrics - Thank You lyrics

I tried to find a video of the song and didn't have very good luck, but I did find this video of a newer song of his entitled "Let's Roll". I'm sure you can understand why I thought it would be appropriate to post this video only a few days after Patriot Day.



God is Good!

No comments: