My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, January 10, 2009

What is Evil?

As I said in my previous post, I have really enjoyed reading The Shack. The beginning of the book is difficult. As it states in the notes on the back of the book... Mack's youngest daughter Missy is abducted and brutally murdered. While it is not graphic, it is still not easy to read. But it is necessary to understand where the remainder of the book takes Mack.

When you read this book, you have to do so with the understanding that it is FICTION! As Christians, we can so easily take a book like this and tear it to shreds because of the biblical inaccuracies. I, however, reading the book as it was intended, enjoyed the insight I gained through the story.

For example... there is a text, on page 136 of my book, where Mack is struggling with The Holy Spirit over Good and Evil... Here is the response he gets from Sarayu, The Holy Spirit...

"... evil is a word we use to describe the absence of Good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of Light or death to describe the absence of Life. Both evil and darkness can only be understood in relation to Light and Good; they do not have any actual existence. I am Light and I am Good. I am Love and there is no darkness in me. Light and Good actually exist. So, removing yourself from me will plunge you into darkness. Declaring independence will result in evil because apart from me, you can only draw upon yourself. That is death because you have separated yourself from me: Life."

Did you get all that? Are you struggling right now? If so, can you see what the is Good in your life? Do you think you're in darkness? Why not look for the Light!

Are you separated from Life?

God is Good

No comments: