My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Shack


Have you read it?

It's all the buzz!

I had heard from different sources that it was the book to read, at work, at church, friends, etc. So I was chatting with Nate's Aunt Teresa about it and she mentioned that she had the book and wanted to read it as well. That was at Thanksgiving. Well, over Christmas Break, she got the book to me to read. What great timing. Things at work were VERY slow, as in I was the only one in the office, and who thinks a school office is open over Christmas break? So I had plenty of time to read!

I read The Shack in about a day and a half! I could not put it down. I have talked to several people since who are in process of reading it and have been putt off by the beginning of the book... if you are one of those, let me encourage you to KEEP READING!! It is so worth it.

So here's the overview...(From the back of the book)

"Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in teh Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!"

I'd love to hear from you if you've read it... I'll post some excerpts and personal reflection in the coming days...

God is Good

No comments: