My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, May 15, 2009

Our Busy Taylor

Well, as usual, Taylor has kept us hopping!

She had a double header soccer game last Saturday. They tied the first game, and the second game was very close, but they lost. Here are a few shots of Tay in action.



And Taylor also had her first Orchestra recital. She did very well and we were very proud!


If you can stand it, here is a video clip of one of the songs!


It was very strange for me, sitting and watching her perform in orchestra. I am a proud band geek alum, and to sit and watch my daughter out there, just brought back so many memories. As I watched her director step up and raise her arms, I could just picture and hear Mr. Moss doing the same thing so many years ago. I could picture the silly faces he would make, to help us all relax. I could remember that feeling, as I raised my flute, full of anticipation and excitement. It just made me hope and pray that her experience in Orchestra will be as wonderful as mine was in band. I have so many wonderful memories of that time, and I hope she can say the same in a few years! Almost makes me want to dust off my flute and my music (don't think the neighbors would like us to add to our band of instruments that they already get to hear now that the windows are thrown up!)

God is Good!

1 comment:

Lori said...

aww i love band at this age :-) courtney's doing flute, I tried my hardest to talk her into violin - but only because I always wanted one...that's so bad of me!