My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Post Parade Activities

This year, I figured we'd try and have a camp out with the Mills/Moser Cousins after the parade!! It was kinda a last minute thing, but it was so much fun! I grabbed some hot dogs and S'more stuff, some firewood (wonder where I got that!) and got the tents out! After fighting traffic to get out of Orrville, we all made it to our place by around 9PM or so.

We quickly found out that Lincoln had never had a hot dog over a campfire!! WHAT??? We couldn't believe it! He said he enjoyed it, while texting of course! I think he's fighting with his bun in this photo, but his phone was never far away! Teenagers, right?

And the S'Mores! Oh My Goodnes!! Have you seen those HUGE marshmallows at the stores? My wonderful Sister-in-Law decided those would be a great idea! So she brought a bag along! They were wonderful, but messy! Especially for my 5 year old! As you can see, Toby (or Woody) was covered! By the time he was done, he had graham cracker STUCK to his hands, and could not pull his fingers apart, they were rather glued together! Derek and Averie enjoyed the fire as well!

They all did a great job once they fell asleep, around 1 AM!!! They all slept through the night! They started staggering into the house around 8 AM and were very hungry! We made a nice big breakfast then they took turns playing Playstation and Wii. It was rather entertaining!! These kids are so funny!

After a little while of that, I pushed them all out the door! They played some in the tent!
And played a little baseball and basketball! Taylor, Braden and Lincoln played pig! I think Taylor did pretty well...
Until Lincoln layed this one in!! :) I won't tell you what the hoop is set at, I'll allow Lincoln to disclose that if he wants!
It was a wonderful time, and got us all very excited about our upcoming family vacation to the Outer Banks!! Love them all!!

God is Good!

No comments: