My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A letter to my Kaleb

May 11

Six years ago on this day
my baby I would see
As he was placed in my arms I knew
With Jesus he would be.

His precious hands his tiny feet
His eyelids closed so tight
Knowing that there would be no day
that he would see the light.

His perfect lips his precious nose
A tiny body wrapped up tight
I hold him close, I kiss his brow
This would be our last night

As mommy and daddy hold you near
Making memories
Until the time, Jesus calls us home
And together we will be.

How do you explain a love
that seems so quick and brief?
It is God's gift I'll cherish near
while many watch in disbelief.

How can you love when he didn't live
A baby you never got to know?
"He is my child from God" I say
and for that His Grace I will show.

Jesus placed him in my womb for a while
the reason I may never understand
But I praise Him for the gift he gave
As He held my Kaleb in His Hands.

Time may pass and days go by
where tears are less and less
But the love I have for my baby boy
is something that doesn't digress

He'd be reading now, writing too
And math, would he be like mom or dad?
Riding a bike, swimming fast
A fun time by all would be had.

But in heaven you play on streets of Gold
with Homer and Bonnie and Mac
And Grandma Nelda I'm sure is sharing with you
all her stories of life way back.

A time will come when Jesus calls us home
A place many of us long for,
That home is where my heart has been
Since that day in 2004.

Forever and for always
my baby you will be
Kaleb, Mommy loves you
For all eternity!

No comments: