My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Forever Family Day at the Zoo

Well, what was supposed to be a wonderful day, turned into a wonderful day with some minor obstacles!! On July 26th, Nate got up to head to church for worship band practice at 8AM. I was still in bed :) He came in and said "The Jeep won't start"... lovely wake up message! So he tells me what it is doing and I say "It's the battery, we'll figure it out!" So a wonderful friend from church came and picked the kids and I up for the 9:45 service and we got home around 12:30. Upon investigating, I wondered if maybe it was something more than the battery. I called my dad, and he wasn't sure from our talk, so he ran over to help us out! Turns out, it was the battery! We got a jump from Dad, took off for the auto parts store, and an hour later and a $100 in the hole, we're on our way to celebrate our Forever Family Day!

We decided to head to the Akron Zoo because it is close, fun and cheap! I was worried it would be crowded like it was the last time we went, but I was pleasantly surprised! We got up to the zoo around 2:30 I believe, so we had about 2 hours or so to just hang out, and that's what we did. We made it around the entire place, and just enjoyed our time together! Celebrating the Family that God has given us in such a special way!






After the zoo, I decided I didn't want to rush home, late, and try and cook, so I "forced" (i.e. suggested) that we head to Rockne's. With overwhelming approval from the fam, we headed out to dinner! We had a great time, wonderful weather and another family memory to cherish forever!

God is Good!

No comments: