My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Toby's New Friend

This evening, Toby and I went to visit with a family that is staying at the ATI for a year. They are from Korea, and have a daughter, Minji, that is only a few months younger than Toby. While they played, I visited with her mom Youngsoon and her father (I feel terrible, I didn't get his name on paper). It was a wonderful time. Toby enjoyed playing with Minji, and "talking" with them. The man said Toby is certainly speaking Korean, but nothing "clear" or able to be understood.

They were able to read the letter that we received from Toby's foster mother. It was so special to hear some of what she wrote. She talked of how much she loved him, and how difficult it was to say good bye. She told me of his favorite foods, and his medical information. As they read through it, they kept saying "ah" and "oh". It was evident that she spoke of Toby fondly. I need to write her a letter in return, letting her know how much I appreciate the love she gave him, and how amazing he has turned out because of her sacrifice as his Foster Mother.

I'm looking forward to our next playdate!! As we left, Minji wanted to leave with us, and Toby gave everyone kisses and hugs! I think he had fun!

God is Good!

No comments: