My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Mom's Ramblings

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and really look at what is happening in your life. I get so caught up in the day to day, the laundry, the dishes, the bills, the running of the kids, that we miss it. We miss the fact that our baby girl, that just yesterday needed help tying her shoes, is now a young lady, tying the shoes of her baby brother. We miss the fact that our little guy that just yesterday, needed his chicken cut up for him, now eats a double helping to keep up with how quickly he is growing. We miss the fact that while it seems only yesterday we were flying to Chicago to bring our "baby" home, and now he's talking about Kindergarten. What happened?

I often look at my kids, and praise God for who they are becoming, and wonder how it has happened. How despite me, despite my shortcomings as a mother, they are turning into wonderful, God honoring children. I so often forget that I have six little eyes looking at me every moment of every day, and still, they see me as their princess!

I know we have a long road ahead of us. We have a pre-teen that is learning what it means to be a young woman. She is questioning what her role is in our family. Is she the leader, is she "mom" is she the friend? She is trying out all these roles right now and shaping the person that God is wanting her to be.

We have a young man that is growing bigger and stronger every day. He is watching his daddy and becoming more and more like him every day, which is a good thing! He leads our family in prayer at the dinner table, and is a very hard little worker!

And Toby! He has come such a long way and has a long way to go! He is talking up a storm, and tryng to figure out what his role is in this house as well! He's the baby, but he's growing up. We all love him to pieces, but he is starting to stand on his own! What a joy he is to us all!

I'm not sure what has me thinking through all this tonight! But I just needed to get these ramblings out! I want my kids to always know how special they are to me, and I continue to pray for guidance and patience as we go through these next stages!

For them, I pray they understand the promises of the Lord in Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE.'"


God is Good!

No comments: